Vision and Mission of the School of Law
Ambo University School of Law aspires to be a distinctive and distinguished national law school dedicated to shape and define just and sustainable laws and policies through intellectual discovery, ethical advocacy, inspired teaching, excellence in research and generous community service.
Ambo University School of Law seeks to teach students about the law and to help them develop the skills necessary to use that knowledge in practice to contributing to social, economic, and cultural development of Ethiopia.
Our goal is for our graduates to possess the core competencies essential to embark on the practice of law such as legal analysis; legal research and writing; fundamentals of client services; fundamentals of dispute processing and legal problem solving; and fundamentals of professional responsibility.
In order to realize the above vision, mission and goals, the School:-
- Advocate the ethics and norm of teaching, learning and research.
- Promote the virtues of truth, integrity, honesty, tolerance, professionalism, and teamwork.
- Ensure openness and transparency in all its dealings and operations.
- Foster strong social responsibility.
- Respect the beliefs and values of others.
- Have the courage to initiate and adapt to change.