Ambo University Planning
The university’s planning and budget preparation, monitoring and evaluation directorate performs the services described below in a responsible, accountable and transparent manner by involving and raising awareness among the colleges, institutes, schools and directorates in the university.
1.1 The main functions of the Directorate
• Prepare, coordinate and manage the plan of the directorate;
• Prepare the short, medium and long term plans of the institution.
• Monitoring, supporting and evaluating the implementation of the institution’s plan.
1.2 Detailed tasks of the Directorate
Prepare, coordinate and manage the plan of the directorate;
• Plans, coordinates, directs the work of various work groups in the department, and makes decisions on issues that need to be decided.
• Monitors the work results of the work unit or work groups, evaluates them, takes corrective action, provides feedback, and submits a plan performance report to the head of the office;
• Studying the capacity gap of work groups and owners facilitates the situation where their capacity can be reached.
• Ensures the resources required for the directorate and working groups are met;
Prepare the short, medium and long term plans of the university.
• Generates ideas for police strategy and program packages and projects, improves document preparation and directs the work to distribute approved documents to relevant parties.
• Creates and revises work instructions, manuals, ordinances and statements that help the sector, and distributes the prepared documents to relevant parties.
• Prepares the office’s strategic and annual plan, supervises and coordinates monitoring and support, evaluation and feedback activities, and approves them by the supervisor.
• Establishes systems to make planning and reporting, evaluation and feedback operations effective and efficient;
• Notifies the approved budget for proper allocation to work units, monitors, evaluates, and gives feedback on performance.
• To make the work plan and execution of the institution and sector successful, attends the discussions and workshops with the relevant parties and takes necessary resources and puts them to use.
Monitor, support and evaluate the implementation of the plan.
• Monitors, evaluates, and provides feedback on the planning and execution of the various departments of the office.
• When a budget transfer request is submitted, he examines the appropriateness and makes a recommendation to the superior officer and when he decides, he makes it effective.
• Liaises with governmental and non-governmental organizations regarding the work of the department.
• Provides professional advice and support services to the top management and respondent institutions regarding their work.
• Generates alternative solutions to problems that the office may encounter in the implementation of plans and budgets, and presents them to the superior, and when he decides, implements them.
• Compiles and disseminates best practices related to planning and evaluation;
Ambo University Planning Directorate Responsible Staff:
Shiferaw Demissie Alemu: Director
Education Level: MBA
Tel: +251- 112363692